VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC 6.2P2 and vSphere 6.0.0

dkon

I'm having trouble configuring VSC 6.2P2 with vSphere 6.0.0 Build 2793784.  VSC is installed on a separate VM from vSphere; both VMs are Windows 2012 R2.  VSC was successfully registered with vCenter as an Administrator user.  When accessing the VSC plugin as the vSphere Administrator user that registered the plug-in in the vSphere Web Clien the following Error messages pop-up:

"faultCode:Server.Processing faultString:'com.netapp.nvpf.api.model.ApiException : java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create session.' faultDetail:'null'"

and 

"Error while searching for hosts additonal column field values"

Also when I attempt to Add a Storage System, I get this warning message pop-up:

"Unable to add storage systems due to insufficient privileges.

You do not have sufficient permission to perform this action on: the root object.

Contact your administrator to add the following missing privileges:
Add, Modify, and Skip storage systems"

I've unregistered the plug-in, restarted the Web Client service, and re-registered the plug-in.  I've also reinstalled VSC and end up with the same result.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dkon

I got this working properly by adding a DNS entry for the vCenter server and using the FQDN instead of the IP address when registering the plug-in.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

dkon

I got this working properly by adding a DNS entry for the vCenter server and using the FQDN instead of the IP address when registering the plug-in.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public