VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC 9.6 and vCenter HA - is it supported?

pedro_rocha

Hello,

Does VSC 9.6 support deployment in a vCenter HA enable environment? I did not found any information on vCenter HA in the VSC 9.6 documentation. Does anyone know? Any official statement?

Regards,

Pedro Rocha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

konnerth

I'm as close as you will get to an official word.  😀  I'm the product manager for VSC.

---Karl

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ontapforrum

Hi,

I also checked the documentation and matrix site, but there isn't any word on 'vCenter-HA'. It does talk about VSC in multi-vCenter environment but that's not true HA, it is one-2-one mapping between VSC and vCenter server.

I think unless you hear any official word on this forum thread,  best advise would be to raise a ticket that way you will get an official word from NetApp and would help others as well.

Thanks!

konnerth

vCenter HA (with active, passive and witness) is not currently supported by the Virtual Appliance.  We are considering this for a future release.

It appears to be possible to protect it with basic vSphere HA (as we do to protect the Virtual Appliance), but I don't think we have tested this.

http://www.vhersey.com/2017/06/19/using-vsphere-ha-to-protect-vcenter/

---Karl

pedro_rocha

Hello, thanks for the answer.

As soon as I get the official word on it, I will post here.

Regards,

Pedro Rocha

konnerth

I'm as close as you will get to an official word.  😀  I'm the product manager for VSC.

---Karl

pedro_rocha

Hi Karl,

Nice to here that!! Thanks for promptly answering!

Regards,

Pedro Rocha.

Public