The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC Permissions Error

fonwireless

Hi

When trying to install VAAI Tools on a host i am shown an error

VSC Permissions Error

Unable to apply the NFS Plugin for VMware VAAI

You do not have sufficient permission to perform this action on; the root object

Contact your administrator to add the following missing privileges

Deploy VAAI for NFS Plugin

My user has full Administrator privileges on vCenter extended to all child objects.

3 REPLIES 3

WOODROGER

If you are using ESXi 5.x do not use NFS-VAAI 1.0-21.  Use the ESXi 6.0 NFS-VAAI 1.1.0 version.  Despite the website DL page stating you must have ESXi 6.0 and vCenter 6.0 try the IMT it will show that ESXi 5.5U2 is valid.  I was then able to install the NFS-VAAI through VSC to the ESXi hosts.

rubinsed1

I'm getting the same error, but when trying to scan/modify/update storage systems in VSC 5.0 from the web client.

How did you fix it?

-Ed

pdg

Hi, I have the same issue and have spent 2 days trying to get it to work, what did you do to finally fix it?

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public