Subscribe

Re: VSC for VCSA 6.5

Netapp have confirmed (under case no. 2006997878) that they can now reproduce this issue. As we know the workaround is to unregister VSC, reboot and then re-register VSC. All is then fine until you next restart.

I quoted you and sent it to my case owner. Perhaps they can use synergies.

All --

Were you experiencing these .Label errors before VSC was installed? When I upgraded from vCSA 6.0 to 6.5 upgrade I had the same issue. The workaround that fixed my issue was logging in as the administrator@vsphere.local user... Have you all tried that yet? I'm not noticing any issues w/ the wrapper issue w/ VSC 7.0 and vCenter 6.5 like you guys are, just figured I would offer this suggestion...

no not before the installation, only after, and also only after the VCSA the first time was re-started.

I think this is also the reason why it is with you during the upgrade, the VCSA is naturally restarted.

I have the problem with all users, even with the user administrator@vsphere.local

The latest update I have from Netapp is as follows.

I have discussed this issue with the Virtualization Escalation Engineer and a Netapp internal case has been opened with Netapp Engineering to find a solution for this problem (joint effort with Vmware)

Netapp Engineering will work with Vmware in the SR 17533454908 that you opened with Vmware Support.

I got almost the same e-mail today:

I have discussed this case with the Escalation Engineer and he is in contact with Netapp Engineering and Vmware.

I will provide you tomorrow the Netapp internal case opened for this issue with the labels. It seems that the problem affects some specific VSC versions, but still needs further investigations for the root cause.

after more than three weeks finaly:

"The Netapp internal case 1109998 has been created with Netapp Engineering to find a solution for this problem with the labels.

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=1109998"

Thanks. I had the same message this morning. I have also had contact from VMware requesting some addtional log files. It looks like this one is going in the right direction now...

Thank you guys,

i am waiting a new release prior to upgrade vcsa 6.5 to 6.5U1 because now works very well.

The only problem i have with VSC6.2.1P1D2 concerns the Optimized Datastore creation.

ESXi host with 6.5 version don't recognize vmdk alignement when executin the scan options, on esxi host 6.0 all works well, anyone has this problem too?

Highlighted

Just had the below from VMware...

‘Sorry for the delayed response.
We reviewed the logs and found that this issue known issue in vCenter 6.5 and VMware engineering team is aware of the issue.
This issue is due to resolved in vSphere 6.5 U1a / P02 and we are waiting for the release date of vCenter 6.5u1 p02.
https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2151449