VMware Solutions Discussions

Virtual Storage Console 6.2.1 - missing in vCenter

ppadmgeo1

I installed Virtual Storage Console 6.2.1 and registered with vCenter 5.5U3 successfully, but cannot see Virtual Storage Console in the Web Client.

Administration  / Client Plug-ins in the Web Client does not show anything NetApp related. The Web Client server has nothing com.netapp* listed in C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity (vCenter and Web Client are installed on different servers); VSC is on a third server.

I am not sure why VSC says that it is registered successfully - there doesn't appears to be any sign of it. How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jeff_Yao

hopefully helps:

checking 1. Port 8143 was getting blocked by a firewall?  2. rebooted the VCSA and the server the plugin was installed too...

thanks

Jeff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jeff_Yao

hopefully helps:

checking 1. Port 8143 was getting blocked by a firewall?  2. rebooted the VCSA and the server the plugin was installed too...

thanks

Jeff

View solution in original post

ppadmgeo1

Port 8143 was indeed closed - it turned out they opened it from vCenter server as opposed to the Web CLient one.

I can see the VSC in the Web Client now

THanks

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public