VMware Solutions Discussions

Virtual Storage Console backup jobs failing (Solved)

gmurison07

We recentrly migrated from a physical vCenter to a the vCenter appliance.  during this process I discovered that our version of the VSC was on limited support (LS).  Everything seemed okay, however after several weeks the job on one datastore started to fail.  I opened a case only to discover that VSC 6.2.2 is now on EOS.  The job was getting stuck at 41% or 44%.  There was the following error repeated for several operations:

<messages><timestamp>2019-04-11T03:47:37.119-07:00</timestamp><level>ERROR</level><thread>backup2 acc5cea68a94b1878df193ed57528ba3</thread><location>com.netapp.common.flow.TaskInstanceTemplate</location><msgKeyClass>com.netapp.common.flow.MsgKey</msgKeyClass><msgKeyValue>FLOW_OPERATION_TASK_FAILURE</msgKeyValue><parameters><parameter>VmSnapshotCreateDelay</parameter><parameter>Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.</parameter></parameters><message>FLOW-11019: Failure in VmSnapshotCreateDelay: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.</message></messages>

I wanted to post my solution here to aid others if possible.  Unfortuantely we are not in position to refresh hardware/ontap regularly so that contributes to the problem.

FAS 2240 / Ontap 8.2.3 7-mode / VSC 6.2.2 / vCenter 6.5 update 2

Solution:  I moved to a datastore that wasn't being backed up  and only protected by SnapMirorr for DR

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public