VMware Solutions Discussions

Windows NFS Share in VSC

MPTCITSLB_COM

Hello,

We have a NFS/NTFS share on a Windows 2008R2 server I would like to use as a destination storage for VSC Backup & Recovery.

I can add the NFS datastore in vSphere, but I don't know how to setup the Storage Controller in VSC (What Management port, which credentials?).

Can someone help me? Couldn't find the solution in the documentation...

Thank you

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2

CCOLEMAN_

Hey!

If you have downloaded the latest version of VSC (4.2.1) you want to use an AD account.

1. You can install VSC non-disruptively and you want to do this on the vCenter server

2. Go to https://localhost:8143/Register.html

3. Type the host name or IP address of the vCenter Server and the administrative credentials for the

vCenter Server and register.

Then...

Steps

1. Open the vSphere Client and log into your vCenter Server.

2. Select a Datacenter in the Inventory panel, and then select the NetApp tab.

3. If the discovery process does not start automatically, or if you want to discover new resources and

update information, click Update on the Overview panel of Monitoring and Host Configuration.

4. Right-click any discovered storage controllers with the status Authentication Failure and select

Modify Credentials.

5. Fill in the information in the Modify Credentials dialog box.

After you finish

After discovery is complete, use Monitoring and Host Configuration to configure ESX or ESXi host

settings for any hosts displaying an Alert icon in the Adapter Settings, MPIO Settings, or NFS

Settings columns.

SET YOUR TIME OUTS ON EVERY ESXi BOX!!!! (This requires downtime)

This is just to get you started, I took all of this from the document listed below. 

http://support.netapp.com/documentation/productlibrary/index.html?productID=30048

Let me know if you have any additional questions

MPTCITSLB_COM

Hello CColeman,

Thanks for your help on this one.

The point is I'm using a Windows Server NFS Share.

When I fill in the credentials, it asks for several things:

1. Hostname (that's my server)
  2. Management port: What is it on a Windows Server ?
  3. Credentials: Should I use AD accounts ?
  4. SSL: Should I use it?

That are all the points that make my storage controller impossible to be defined in Monitoring and Host configuration, and so I cannot use the Backup & Recovery...

Thank you

Public