VMware Solutions Discussions

vSphere 5.1 and VSC 4.x

f_duranti

Hi all, I've saw a communication on the NetApp site that talks about vSphere 5.1 and VSC 4.1 compatibility.

VSC 4.1 is still in beta I think so I would like to ask if VSC 4 is compatible/certified (or would be) to run on vSphere 5.1 or if there's a date for when VSC 4.1 will go in production.

2 REPLIES 2

mlisa

Due to a number of vSphere 5.1 “incompatibility” issues in Monitoring and Host Configuration, Provisioning and Cloning, and Backup and Recovery, VSC 4.0 will not support vSphere 5.1.  These issues – see BURTs identified below for details - require code fixes, and since VSC 4.0 will be pulled from the Support download site once VSC 4.1 is available (due to a potential data corruption issue if the defaults are not used; BURT http://burtweb-prd.eng.netapp.com/burt/burt-bin/start?burt-id=629749&btn=edit), the decision was made not to back-port these vSphere fixes to VSC 4.0.  

vSphere 5.1 BURTs:

·         Burt:616819

·         Burt:618062

·         Burt:591251

The plan is to support vSphere 5.1 with VSC 4.1, targeted for an mid-late October 2012 availability.

f_duranti

Thanks for the complete answer

I'll wait for the VSC 4.1.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public