Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Can DFM chart historical inode usage stats?

SCOTT_LINDLEY

Can I get a historical graph of the inode usage for a volume from DFM? I've searched and poked and clicked all over the tool and the Web, and I haven't found anything so far, so I thought I'd consult the experts. I don't really care if it's an absolute number or a percentage, though I would sort of prefer the absolute number if possible. If I adjust the maxfiles on a vol, it will mess with the percentage graphs.

Thanks,

Scott L

2 REPLIES 2

ppavagad

Hi Scott,

I believe a custom report needs to be created to monitor the Inode usage.

Could you please check this thread - https://communities.netapp.com/thread/17927  and let me know if the script-plugin posted there works for you?

Details on how to use the script-plugin is  mentioned in the ReadMe.doc in the .zip archive.

Regards,

Pavan

SCOTT_LINDLEY

This is some cool stuff. I haven't looked into custom reports much. Unfortunately, it only reports the point-in-time usage, with no history. I need to be able to chart the inode utilization over a matter of days, weeks, months, in the manner that you can chart CPU usage or volume growth. It doesn't look like DFM maintains a history of inode utilization, at least not as far as I can see. Thank you for your assistance. I will be glad to look at any other suggestions!

Scott

Public