If you missed the pre-registration for NetApp MS Azure AD B2C, the new login prompt will offer the option to register. Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Can DFM chart historical inode usage stats?

SCOTT_LINDLEY

Can I get a historical graph of the inode usage for a volume from DFM? I've searched and poked and clicked all over the tool and the Web, and I haven't found anything so far, so I thought I'd consult the experts. I don't really care if it's an absolute number or a percentage, though I would sort of prefer the absolute number if possible. If I adjust the maxfiles on a vol, it will mess with the percentage graphs.

Thanks,

Scott L

2 REPLIES 2

ppavagad

Hi Scott,

I believe a custom report needs to be created to monitor the Inode usage.

Could you please check this thread - https://communities.netapp.com/thread/17927  and let me know if the script-plugin posted there works for you?

Details on how to use the script-plugin is  mentioned in the ReadMe.doc in the .zip archive.

Regards,

Pavan

SCOTT_LINDLEY

This is some cool stuff. I haven't looked into custom reports much. Unfortunately, it only reports the point-in-time usage, with no history. I need to be able to chart the inode utilization over a matter of days, weeks, months, in the manner that you can chart CPU usage or volume growth. It doesn't look like DFM maintains a history of inode utilization, at least not as far as I can see. Thank you for your assistance. I will be glad to look at any other suggestions!

Scott

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public