Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Exchange Integration

Willybobs27

I have an Exchange Server integrated into OnCommand Unified Manager but can only see an option for SnapVault.

I have a requirement to SnapMirror then Snapvault.

Can I simply have a policy for the local backups and then assign a Policy within OnCommand to Mirror then Snapvault? If so which one!

7 REPLIES 7

JGPSHNTAP

The assumption is that you are using Snapmanager for Exchange?

Willybobs27

Yes that is correct, SME is being used

JGPSHNTAP

Well, i'm only familiar with our deployment and we are on exch 2007.   So, no DAG,

But, you set your mirrors up and let SME replicate the mirrors, now if you chose archive backup, it will grab the dataset in protection manager and do a snapvault.  Obviously you will have to import your relationships into the proper datasets

Willybobs27

I take it you haven't enabled the integration via SnapDrive then as this doesn't want to let SnapMirror policies be used but does let SnapVault?

JGPSHNTAP

i'm confused with your last statement.  Yes, we use snapdrive,  You have to use snapdrive in order to quiesce the database properly

Willybobs27

SnapDrive has an option during install to integrate with DFM/OnCommand Unified Manager Core. This is what I was referring to.

kryan

How to configure SME/SMSQL/SMSP integration with OnCommand Unified Manager (DFM)

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1011361

Windows SnapManager products (SME, SMSQL, SMSP) and SnapDrive allow integration with OnCommand Unified Manager (DFM) to manage backups (SnapVault) of SnapManager protected data.

Public