Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Grafana / Harvest 'Request Error' - "unpack requires a string argument of length 12"

csalitros

I have a Harvest 1.3 / Grafana 4.1.2 server.

I have two ONTAP 9.1P3 Clusters (FAS9000) that are giving me a 'Request Error' on the 'Cluster Dashboard'  

One cluster errors on Highights / 'CPU Utlilization'

One cluster errors on Highligts / 'Disk Utilization'

This machine did run out of space at one time, I had have cleared all the zero sizes files, which resolved many other issues, but this one remains.

The response error I see on both of these is:

error: unpack requires a string argument of length 12

Research has lead me to something being currupted, but that doesn't feel right since I have other clusters that are working fine.

Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks,

--Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madden

Hi @csalitros

This looks like a Graphite error related to corrupt db files.

Check this GitHub issue for more, including a one-liner that might identify and remove the corrupted files:

https://github.com/graphite-project/carbon/issues/99

Cheers,

Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

madden

Hi @csalitros

This looks like a Graphite error related to corrupt db files.

Check this GitHub issue for more, including a one-liner that might identify and remove the corrupted files:

https://github.com/graphite-project/carbon/issues/99

Cheers,

Chris Madden

Solution Architect - 3rd Platform - Systems Engineering NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

View solution in original post

csalitros

Thanks for that tip... That was one GitHub thread I did not run into in my initial google search.

I initially did not see the errors in my console.log, but after doing a restart the log started populating again.   Looking at the time stamps on the affected files it appears to line up with the time we ran out of space.   I cleared all those files and everything returned to normal.

Thanks,

--Craig

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public