Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

NetApp-Harvest support for OCUM 7.2?

LiaPenn

Hello,

I just upgraded Oncommand Unified Manager to version 7.2RC1 and I've installed and configured NetApp-Harvest 1.3.

There was no template for OCUM 7.2x so I copied the template ocum-7.1.0.conf to ocum-7.2.0.conf hoping that this would be close enough.

This seems to work with the exception of a few high level efficiency graphs coming up empty (drill down graphs are accurate).

When will there be official support for OCUM 7.2 in NetApp Harvest?

Thanks,
Lia

27 REPLIES 27

yannb

Releasing a new version of Harvest or anything on toolchest is extremely painful, but we are working on it.

This will be solved in Harvest 1.4 when it's available. In the meantime, renaming the template with "7.2" instead of "7.1" does the job.

Latest beta of NAbox will take care of it for you as well.

Deligatedgeek

Hi Yann,

Are you stating that NAbox has Harvest 1.4 or that it will handle poilling newer Ontap with Harvest 1.3?

RobertW

I was wondering the same thing. 

I just downloaded NAbox for testing and saw that Harvest was not loaded. Was wondering how to get 1.4 on it for testing..

RobertW

Since Chris is now gone, will this be something that NetApp will maintain past 1.4?

I was just looking to get started with this, but if there is currently no plan to maintain, I will look elsewhere.

yannb

For the forseable future, there is a plan to maintain it, but just to be clear, it is not a "NetApp" plan to maintain it, it still relies on good will of individuals, like Chris before.

Short answer is "yes", same as before 🙂

mattS555

@yannb - I'm curious why not maintain Harvest on github?  https://github.com/NetApp 

I'm sure many of us would be willing to contribute or at least identify bugs; if the project ever dies we can at least fork it.  

RobertW

Completly understood.

Public