Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM 7.0RC1 - cant add ONTAP 9 systems

thomasb82

Hi, we have some 8.3.x cDOT clusters added in OCUM, all working fine.

But clusters with version 9 (GA) can't be added.

We get this error:

Cluster add failed. Failed to fetch the HTTPS certificate from *ontap9system*. Enter a valid Hostname or Port.

Certificates are not expired, credentials work fine.

Any ideas?

Quick update: It works with HTTP (Port 80) but of course we have security concerns so we need to use HTTPS like on the others.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

yannb

What does the following command say?

::> system services web show 

Are you adding with the name or the IP address? (try both)

thomasb82

Hi,

here you go:

External Web Services: true
HTTP Protocol Port: 80
HTTPS Protocol Port: 443
HTTP Enabled: true

Yes it tried both IP and Hostname, it only works with non-secure HTTP...

niels

Hi,

this may be caused because the hostname listed in the certificate does not match the actual hostname / FQDN of the cluster.

This may happen in case DNS settings or cluster name are changed post cluster setup.

I also wouldn't exclude the cluster setup logic to have a flaw so that hostname/FQDN of the cluster and the certificate don't match.

Please try to re-create the SSL certificate according to this KB article:

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1014389&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1474277936105

Although the article is written explicitely for ONTAP 8.1 and 8.2/8.3, please follow those steps outlined for 8.2/8.3 for ONTAP 9. They should be identical.

Then try adding the cluster to OCUM.

Kind regards, Niels

------

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both.

thomasb82

There was no DNS / Name change.

Brand new cluster setup, no changes there.

New cert didn't help, I have opend a ticket. Lets see...

thomasb82

Hi,

so the fix / workaround is to modify the hosts file of both OCUM and OCPM by adding the ontap 9 systems.

Although ping worked fine without the host entries, technician said its a bug.

Yogananda

Hello All,

I am facing the same error in all the ONTAP versions(Failed to fetch the HTTPS certificate from the Cluster). And also i dont see seperate HOSTS file for the OCUM. Could you please help me to get that.

davieb1969

Hi, did you ever resolve this issue? I've renewed certs, created a hosts file and removed any instances in the cluster to a previous install of OCUM.

Getting connection failed on both http and https.

Thanks 

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public