Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OCUM (OnCommand Unified Manager) 9.4 API & Web services integration with SNOW (Service NOW)

shashii82

Hello All,

In my organisation, NetApp OCUM events and alerts are converted into SNOW incident tickets through OCUM triggered emails. And, this is not very effective method as the SNOW (service now) never come to know about the events/alerts status change, thereby a manual efforts for the closing the tickets. So, we wanted to find the way to integrate SNOW with OCUM server API & Web services. This should create auto creation of incident tickets and if possible close the incident tickets if the events/alerts no longer valid.

Goal: To integrate the OCUM events with SNOW for auto incident creation and closer. In other words, NetApp OnCommand Unified Manager API & Web services integration with SNOW tool.

So far, we know followings but don't know the HOW part: 

• NetApp has confirmed that OCUM Web Services and API integration available. 
  • Parsing of unique parameters for ServiceNow is possible per NetApp support communication.

Current Challenge:

How to configure/access SNOW to NetApp OCUM 9.4 API and web services?

How to parse NetApp OCUM 9.4 web services and API unique parameters to  SNOW (ServiceNow)?

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this? or has anyone implemented this in his/her environment? I would appreciate if you can provide me how-tos or some URL to achieve this. Specially with written procedures if available.

Thanks much!

Shashi

#OCUM9.4, #SNOW, ONTAP 9.1P12, #ONTAP, #ServiceNow, #UnifiedManager

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MartinBoere

Hi Shashi,

There is no documentation available on how to setup OCUM 9.4 and SNOW.

However related to your quested on how to parse you can open the swagger page of OCUM on https://OCUMSERVERIP/apidocs/#!/Events/getEventsUsingGET on how and what to parse as such.

hopefully this helps for that part.

regards

Martin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MartinBoere

Hi Shashi,

There is no documentation available on how to setup OCUM 9.4 and SNOW.

However related to your quested on how to parse you can open the swagger page of OCUM on https://OCUMSERVERIP/apidocs/#!/Events/getEventsUsingGET on how and what to parse as such.

hopefully this helps for that part.

regards

Martin

shashii82

Thank you Martin, let me go through this on my OCUM URL. Hoping to get something useful there. 

Regards,

Shashi

reddy

Please provide the solution or steps to 

OCUM (OnCommand Unified Manager) & Web Services Integration With SNOW (Service NOW)

reddy

Hi,

Please can you post the steps to integrate. The link posted says unavailable. Thank you.

MartinBoere

Hi Reddy, 

Please take a look into the link that I have mentioned before.
You need to fill in the IP adress of your Unified Manager server in OCUMSERVERIP.

https://OCUMSERVERIP/apidocs/#!/Events/getEventsUsingGET 

For now there is no documentation on how to  from Unified Manager to Service Now.

But there is a way to use the API calls from UM to insert data.

regards

Martin

Public