Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OPM MySQL Database access

jasonpugsley

Hello,

In older versions of DFM, our capacity management team would access the DFM performance data through the DFM API. Each day they would pull out the historical performance metrics for every filer for the previous day. Is there a way to do this with OCUM6.1/OCPM1.0 ?

I expect there is a way to access the MySQL database on each OCPM server but I don't know the details. Can this be given out, or is there another way to query historical performance data with an API?

Thanks and regards,

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jweihs

Hello Jason,

Thanks for reaching out. We use the acronym OPM for OnCommand Performance Manager, as OCPM is a different product which is a plugin for Microsoft environments.

We do not plan to provide direct database access with OPM, as we expect the Database schema to evolve a lot between releases which would inconvenience customers during upgrades.

NetApp plans to provide a set of API services, and one of the first API to be provided will be a performance counter API - will ship with OPM 1.1 targeting Fall 2014. This will likely require installing WFA as the provider of the API end point. More data to follow closer to the release.

Best regards,

Yossi

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jweihs

Hello Jason,

Thanks for reaching out. We use the acronym OPM for OnCommand Performance Manager, as OCPM is a different product which is a plugin for Microsoft environments.

We do not plan to provide direct database access with OPM, as we expect the Database schema to evolve a lot between releases which would inconvenience customers during upgrades.

NetApp plans to provide a set of API services, and one of the first API to be provided will be a performance counter API - will ship with OPM 1.1 targeting Fall 2014. This will likely require installing WFA as the provider of the API end point. More data to follow closer to the release.

Best regards,

Yossi

gsaray101

I am looking to pull performance data from Netapps too. Is this version of OPM out yet? Any documenation on API?

jasonpugsley

Thanks for the update Yossi. Will there be a beta program for OPM 1.1 ?

Regards,

Jason

jweihs

Hello

Yes OPM 1.1 is available as part of the Early Verification Program for ONTAP 8.3 ; however we are introducing features in a staggered manner and API's will be the last as they also depend on WFA product delivery.

Best regards,

Yossi

mbeattie

Hi Jason,

You can query the MySQL database in OCUM6.X (I'd assume this method would also be possible for OPM but i haven't tested it yet). All you'd need to do is modify the SQL Query. See the following link:

http://community.netapp.com/t5/Developer-Network-Articles-and-Resources/Query-OCUM6-Database-using-PowerShell/ta-p/98184

/matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public