Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand API Services 2.1 errata

Tas

The installation instructions for the API Services specify that they require MYSQL-Community edition.  This does not work with any of the Community Editions in the RHEL 7 repositories.

I download 8.0x from ORACLE, and it failed saying it was an unsupported version.

I then downloaded the bundle for version RHEL 7, version 5.7.28-1;  it did not error on this.

3 REPLIES 3

yannb

I'm not sure that 8.x is actually supported.

I would go with the latest 5.7 branch

When you install the repository RPM (the RPM that gives you the sources, not the binaries RPM itself) it gives you many alternatives in the source file, that you have to turn off or on. I would turn off 8.x and enable 5.7

# Enable to use MySQL 5.7 [mysql57-community] name=MySQL 5.7 Community Server baseurl=http://repo.mysql.com/yum/mysql-5.7-community/el/7/$basearch/ enabled=1 ## Here gpgcheck=1 gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-mysql [mysql80-community] name=MySQL 8.0 Community Server baseurl=http://repo.mysql.com/yum/mysql-8.0-community/el/7/$basearch/ enabled=0 ## Here gpgcheck=1 gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-mysql

Tas

I understand.  However, the documentation states it should work with 8.0, which it does not.

Also, there is no reason to compile the source, when the 5.7 from ORACLE works as documented.  NetApp should just change the documentation and and just say get 5.7 - period.

There may be tricks to get this stuff working, but I do not have time to play with them, and since I am in an isolated site without internet access, I need to make sure I take the simplest approach.

My best suggestion, is that NetApp creates a vApp/OVA so I can just install it.

yannb

Agreed, though I never mentioned you should recompile the source.

It's just an adjustment in the yum repo that should be documented.

Public