Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Performance data for cDOT in OnCommand Unified Manager / DFM

JIM_SURLOW

So, reviewing some of the ports to this area ... it seems that for OnCommand Unified Manager to receive performance data, one must be on 6.1 & use Performance Manager 1.0 -- when will those be available for download?  Is Performance Manager going to be a VM appliance ala OCUM 6.0 (and presumably 6.1)? 

I'm familiar with DFM 5.0 nee OnCommand Unified Manager Core 5.0 - and we use the Ops/Sec and Protocol Latencies frequently via the NetApp management console.  We need these.  Now, that we've rolled to cDOT, we've been told we had to move 6.0 or 5.2.  I haven't installed 5.2 yet.   Any thoughts as to whether those will provide the stats that I'm looking for?  Or do I have to wait for 6.1 & 1.0?  Will there be license charges for the latter?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

venkat3

Hi Jim,

Thanks for questions.I will attempt to answer most of them.

> it seems that for OnCommand Unified Manager to receive performance data, one must be on 6.1 & use Performance Manager 1.0

Yes thats correct.

>Is Performance Manager going to be a VM appliance ala OCUM 6.0 (and presumably 6.1)?

Yes this will be an OVA too.

>Any thoughts as to whether those will provide the stats that I'm looking for?  Or do I have to wait for 6.1 & 1.0?  Will there be license charges for the latter?

These are not licensed. For perf data you would need to use OCUM6.1 and OPM1.0

>when will those be available for download?

Download would be made available soon. I will update this thread as soon as the download is available. Appreciate your patience

-srinivas

venkat3
Public