Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Performance data for cDOT in OnCommand Unified Manager / DFM

JIM_SURLOW

So, reviewing some of the ports to this area ... it seems that for OnCommand Unified Manager to receive performance data, one must be on 6.1 & use Performance Manager 1.0 -- when will those be available for download?  Is Performance Manager going to be a VM appliance ala OCUM 6.0 (and presumably 6.1)? 

I'm familiar with DFM 5.0 nee OnCommand Unified Manager Core 5.0 - and we use the Ops/Sec and Protocol Latencies frequently via the NetApp management console.  We need these.  Now, that we've rolled to cDOT, we've been told we had to move 6.0 or 5.2.  I haven't installed 5.2 yet.   Any thoughts as to whether those will provide the stats that I'm looking for?  Or do I have to wait for 6.1 & 1.0?  Will there be license charges for the latter?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

venkat3

venkat3

Hi Jim,

Thanks for questions.I will attempt to answer most of them.

> it seems that for OnCommand Unified Manager to receive performance data, one must be on 6.1 & use Performance Manager 1.0

Yes thats correct.

>Is Performance Manager going to be a VM appliance ala OCUM 6.0 (and presumably 6.1)?

Yes this will be an OVA too.

>Any thoughts as to whether those will provide the stats that I'm looking for?  Or do I have to wait for 6.1 & 1.0?  Will there be license charges for the latter?

These are not licensed. For perf data you would need to use OCUM6.1 and OPM1.0

>when will those be available for download?

Download would be made available soon. I will update this thread as soon as the download is available. Appreciate your patience

-srinivas

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public