Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

compare running exportfs to /etc/exports

ANDREW_GALLANT

I just stepped on a land mine where someone changed something in the /etc/exportfs file a long time ago, never reloaded it and when I added a new export and did a exportfs -r to reload the file it blew up. Short of doing a exportfs and comparing it to the /etc/exports file is there any automated way to do this in DFM or something or do I just have to manually compare the two or write a script?

3 REPLIES 3

rwelshman

exportfs -a will load the file without exporting something that isn't in the file.

exportfs -w <path> - will let you export the current exportfs list to a file - if you wanted to do that before making the file change.

This will work-around the problem you experienced, but to do a comparison - you'd have to do a check via an external system (for example: linux diff).

BryanSpillman

Comparing via Diff.... does exportfs have a format to it? such as the file will read in as group, user and the in memory copy can be in any order?

hariprak

For more details on exportfs you can refer https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1511537/html/man1/na_exportfs.1.html

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public