Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

AutoSupport - Configuration Compare Report or Automation?

rkent

Greetings - I'm struggling with the  configuration compare feature.  I am able to compare tow systems easily enough but it is quite manual and I need to know what I am looking for.  Is there an easier way to compare multiple systems and generate a view or report that flags important differences?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexDawson

It depends on what you're looking for - but it's probably something better done on client side with SNMP or API calls. Even two "identical" systems will have lots of differences - from hardware serial numbers or parts - to configuration - IP addresses, volume names, etc. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AlexDawson

It depends on what you're looking for - but it's probably something better done on client side with SNMP or API calls. Even two "identical" systems will have lots of differences - from hardware serial numbers or parts - to configuration - IP addresses, volume names, etc. 

sudiph

Currently, there is a way to compare only two AutoSupports.

I am working with Kent to crystallize on the requirements he has, essentially he wants to be able to do this for dozens of systems.

If anyone else has other needs around this, would appreciate inputs so that we can consider.

You can either leave a comment on this thread, or email to ng-myasup-feedback@netapp.com

Thanks,

Sudip

Public