Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

Clusterviewer AIQ and System Manager Different output

Jiggy

Hi,

Can someone please explain why I get different sizes of Volumes and Aggregates when collecting Clusterviewer in Active IQ and when I check the actual storage in system manager?

Example: 

AGGR1 has 6.27TB available space in system manager but in Clusterviewer AIQ it has 6.188TiB and if I calculate it to TB it's 6.8TB. Same goes with the volumes.

I just collected the same data in AIQ and System manager at almost same time so I don't think its because of data changes.

System Manager AGGR

Jiggy_0-1626576236054.png

Clusterviewer AIQ Aggregates

Jiggy_1-1626576468344.png

Volumes in System Manager

Jiggy_2-1626576817383.png

Clusterviewer AIQ Volumes

Jiggy_3-1626577070356.png

I hope someone can explain this and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jiggy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bretta

There are two main reasons for this:

1. Active IQ isn't live data. At best you are seeing the data from the previous day before the daily AutoSupport was collected on the system. The used values are not going to ever line up exactly unless the system is pretty static.

2. There are some slight differences in what is counted as "used" or "consumed" space or not. For example, would you count snap reserve in used space or not? How about volume or LUN guarantees? Etc. Etc. We've been trying to harmonize the differences between different tools but aren't 100% of the way there yet.

Brett Albertson

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

bretta

There are two main reasons for this:

1. Active IQ isn't live data. At best you are seeing the data from the previous day before the daily AutoSupport was collected on the system. The used values are not going to ever line up exactly unless the system is pretty static.

2. There are some slight differences in what is counted as "used" or "consumed" space or not. For example, would you count snap reserve in used space or not? How about volume or LUN guarantees? Etc. Etc. We've been trying to harmonize the differences between different tools but aren't 100% of the way there yet.

Brett Albertson

Public