Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

No performance data on Active IQ Unified Manager performance graphs

eladgotfrid1

Hello,

A few days ago we suddenly stopped getting performance data for the volumes on a cluster mode NetApp:

eladgotfrid1_0-1604328471057.png

We can see the performance data on the ONTAP system manager, but not on Active IQ.

It it worth mentioning that we also have an issue with NAbox for this NetApp, the harvest just fails with an exit code that might indicate a division by zero.

Do you have any suggestions on what might cause this behavior?

Active IQ version 9.7P1
ONTAP version 9.7

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OscarPedro

Hi.

It seems we resolved the problem.

By console in Active IQ VM at SS.OO. prompt going to option 4 (Support/Diagnostics) you can gave "root" access. Then we deleted all directories and files under "/opt/netapp/essentials/jboss/standalone/data/activemq/paging/". Reboot the appliance and the old metrics than 15 days ago will appear... wait a little, less than 1/2 days and Active IQ will return to paint performance graphs... Maybe we lost some metrics, but Active IQ is working again.

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

OscarPedro

In our Active IQ we have the same problem.

We have upgraded to 9.8RC1. Same problem.

We have upgrade to 9.8. Same problem.

Is it a bug? We need some help because our Metrics are 0 always in Active IQ, although OnTap CM has them.

JamieHorton

I'm having the same issue.  I was told it was a bug in 9.8RC1, so I upgraded to 9.8GA.  Still having the same issue.

Did you ever get a solution?

OscarPedro

Hi.

It seems we resolved the problem.

By console in Active IQ VM at SS.OO. prompt going to option 4 (Support/Diagnostics) you can gave "root" access. Then we deleted all directories and files under "/opt/netapp/essentials/jboss/standalone/data/activemq/paging/". Reboot the appliance and the old metrics than 15 days ago will appear... wait a little, less than 1/2 days and Active IQ will return to paint performance graphs... Maybe we lost some metrics, but Active IQ is working again.

Regards.

JamieHorton

Thanks!  I'll give it a shot.

JamieHorton

In case anyone needs a different resolution than those previously stated:

Upgrading from 9.8RC1 to 9.8GA did not work, nor did the removal of files from the paging directory.

My resolution was to restore the Active IQ Appliance VM back to 9.7 and upgrade to 9.8GA (leaving 9.8RC1 out of the mix).

Public