Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

Raw AutoSupport Data seems to be missing info that used to be displayed ex: rc

thibault

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

JP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aborzenkov

I confirm this. Raw Autosupport on MyASUP sites contains /etc/rc, but the ASUP file downloaded from the same site as text has empty RC.GZ section. Same apparently for all other file attachments.

This causes ConfigAdvisor to always emit large number of false alarms because it cannot parse /etc/rc. Please fix it.

If you need test case - serials 200000289810 and 200000289822.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sudiph

Can you please provide the system details? Serial #?

Thanks,

Sudip

andris

What version of Data ONTAP are you running on the system?

Starting with DOT 8.1, AutoSupport content is context-sensitive. The rc.txt file is not always included with every AutoSupport.

Also, size and time budgets were introduced.  There was a known issue with the leak-data file being too large, causing the collection of the rc file to be skipped. It was fixed in 8.1.3 and later releases.

If it sounds like you might be in this situation, you can verify what was supposed to be collected and its collection status by examining the manifest.xml file that is also included with the AutoSupport message.

thibault

I'm pretty sure that I'm not going crazy because I had a peer who noticed the same, but I now see the raw data presented in the format that I am familiar with.

I wonder if there was a recent update?

Regardless, it looks good now.

Thanks,

JP

P.S. I believe that there would be tremendous value in displaying the contents of the "snapmirror.conf" file.

That file can contain configuration data not displayed by snapmirror destinations or status.

May I ask if you know who I should petition for that feature enhancement?

Thanks,

JP

andris

What version of Data ONTAP is this request concerning?

In Data ONTAP 8.1.x, snapmirror.conf is actually collected as the file "sm_conf.txt" in the snapmirror sub-system.

Again, sub-systems are not always collected in a given ASUP message.

For the "snapmirror" system, it's collected in callhome.invoke (doit "test"), callhome.invoke.all (doit) or callhome.weekly (WEEKLY_LOG).

aborzenkov

I confirm this. Raw Autosupport on MyASUP sites contains /etc/rc, but the ASUP file downloaded from the same site as text has empty RC.GZ section. Same apparently for all other file attachments.

This causes ConfigAdvisor to always emit large number of false alarms because it cannot parse /etc/rc. Please fix it.

If you need test case - serials 200000289810 and 200000289822.

Public