Active IQ and AutoSupport Discussions

Regarding ASUP GRAB

netappsanadmin

Hello,

can any one please post the link to downlaod the ASUP Grab tool....?

please.........

asup_grab

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

tjlee

Hi there,

The ASUP Grab tool is an internal NetApp tool which requires access to the NetApp corporate network to function.

Cheers, Tony

aborzenkov

Actually it was available to partners in the past (I still have an old copy of it). When did it change?

---

With best regards

Andrey Borzenkov

Senior system engineer

Service operations

andris

ASUP Grab appears to be downloadable by partners from the NetApp Field Portal.

https://fieldportal.netapp.com/viewcontent.asp?qv=1&uid=5398&docid=5264

-Andris

tjlee

Hi Andris,

ASUP grab may be available for download by partners, but it will not work without VPN access to the NetApp corporate network; which is only available to employees.  In addition, the description on the fieldportal clearly states that ASUP grab is a tool for NetApp employees only.

Cheers, Tony

adamfox

As the author of ASUP Grab there are some limited uses of it without internal NTAP access but most of those involved Martini which is no longer being supported.

But be aware that ASUP Grab is not an officially supported tool of NTAP and is supported by me on a best-effort basis (and I haven't touched the code in over a year).

-- Adam Fox

aborzenkov

Well, Synergy help still refers to asup_grub for splitting ASUP e-mail to prepare it for import. This is probably the main use case for it so far (at least, not knowing what internal tools still make use if it).

---

With best regards

Andrey Borzenkov

Senior system engineer

Service operations

adamfox

I've been told the plan is to move beyond asup_grab for Synergy. I haven't kept up with the progress on that front. Hopefully soon. It's kind of a kludgy solution although it's working for now.

-- Adam Fox

neilw3

asup_grap worked internally yesterday, but not today.  Is there an official replacement we should be using for scripted access to ASUPDW data?

Public