Ask The Experts

Snapshot Policy Per Volume Command

General

Hello,

Does anyone know of a command I can run to actuall get the snapshot poliy that is actually applied per volume on my ONTAP 9  cluster?

I was thinking something like volume "snapshot policy show -fields vserver -vserver * fields" and then AFTER the "fields" command I couldn't think of what to actually put that would work. 

So, I not only want to Snapshot policies on the array, I also want to know what each volume has applied to it specifically.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donny_lang

"snapshot policy show -vserver * -fields policy" will show you a list of SVMs and their snapshot policies. "vol show * -fields snapshot-policy" will give you a list of all the volumes in your cluster and their assigned snapshot policy. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

donny_lang

"snapshot policy show -vserver * -fields policy" will show you a list of SVMs and their snapshot policies. "vol show * -fields snapshot-policy" will give you a list of all the volumes in your cluster and their assigned snapshot policy. 

View solution in original post

General

Thanks for the quick assitance on this one!!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public