Ask The Experts

how to increase inode utilization for a test share that I have created for testing purpose

amit00006

Hello,

I have created a test share in netapp cluster and I want to increase INODE UTILIZATION for that particular share because I want to test that after inode utilization is increased will I receive Alerts regarding that Inode Utilization or not, can some one please tell me the steps/ commands how to perform the steps ? thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donny_lang

The way I would do it is to create millions of small files on the share (the number you'd need to create to generate alerts will depend on the size of the share). Here is a PowerShell command that will do that, you would just replace the large number with whatever suits your situation (the example will generate 100,000 files). 

1..100000 | %{ ($_ * (Get-Random -Max ([int]::maxvalue))) > "\\path\to\share\file$_.txt"}

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

donny_lang

The way I would do it is to create millions of small files on the share (the number you'd need to create to generate alerts will depend on the size of the share). Here is a PowerShell command that will do that, you would just replace the large number with whatever suits your situation (the example will generate 100,000 files). 

1..100000 | %{ ($_ * (Get-Random -Max ([int]::maxvalue))) > "\\path\to\share\file$_.txt"}

amit00006

Hi Donny,

It worked, Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Public