Ask The Experts

vserver locks output for nfs version

naveens17

I am trying to find a IP address of the client using the vserver locks show output but it is not giving client-address. it is giving in client-id

how can I find the output of the client using client-id

vserver locks show -volume xyz -vserver abc -protocol nfs* -fields client-id,client-address,client-address-type

vserver volume lif lif-id path client-id client-address client-address-type
------- ------------------------ -------- ------ ---------------------------------------------- ---------------- -------------- -------------------
abc xyz node4 1050 /abc/Email-P.xml 0100000070be8c80 - -

5 REPLIES 5

Elliott

Log in to the node management LIF where the TCP connection is. Then run the following using the client id you got in your original post.

set d -c off; vserver locks nfsv4 show -vserver <svm_name> -client-id <client_id> -fields client-ip

NFS : Networking : FlexCache®

Elliott

Also, the client id from your first command needs prepended with '0x'

naveens17

Thanks for your response Elliot

I logged into each node -mgmt LIF and ran the below command. It didn't gave me any details (There are no entries matching your query.)

set d -c off;vserver locks nfsv4 show -vserver xyz -client-id 0x0100000070be8c80 -fields client-ip

There are no entries matching your query.

RajeshPanda

@Elliott  can you please look into this?

Elliott

It is likely that the client id just wasn't valid anymore. How long was it between when you got the client ID, and when you ran the command I gave you?

Public