Cloud Volumes ONTAP

Cloud Manager not able to reach Data Connector

GurcharanS

Hi,

I'm configuring the connector & cloud manager service on-prem and having difficulty with the Cloud Manager not connecting to the Connector.

Both are able to reach out to the internet without having to go thru a proxy (eg. both are subscribed to Redhat and are able to pull down updates).

The connector has been configured and the on-prem ONTAP cluster details successfully collated. 

I've gone thru the set-up guide and is it required to go thru steps 3-6 on the GUI (the guide suggests that there should be an 'Activate Data Sense' widget visible) and just proceed to step 7 and run the installation script on the Cloud Manager server ( which requires the details of the Connector server to be input manually)?

Deploying the Cloud Data Sense instance on premises

https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/occm/task_deploy_cloud_compliance.html#deploying-the-cloud-data-sense-instance-on-premises 

4 REPLIES 4

cruxrealm

Which cloud service provider are you using?

GurcharanS

The Cloud Manager is on-prem as well.

The Data Sense component is reporting that my browser isn't able to access the Connector (although both servers are on the same subnet).

yossi

Hi, 

Please connect me yossi@netapp.com 

We will take a look on that issue. Its seems that something not working with Data Sense container. We will have to access  the connector via  SSH 

Thanks 

GurcharanS

Hi Yossi,

Many thanks for responding.

I will contact you via your email address  - can you please confirm what timezone you are in as I'm based in London (UK).

Thanks.

Public