ONTAP Discussions

Autosupport cannot connect to host "SMTPHOST" (Network is unreachable)

basisinfra

Hello,

After upgrading our FAS2040 from Data ONTAP 8.0RC3 7-Mode to Data ONTAP 8.0.1 7-Mode, AutoSupport wil not work anymore.

We are receiving the following messages:

Fri not found.  Type '?' for a list of commands
NETAPPHOST> Fri Feb 11 10:49:19 CET [NETAPPHOST: asup.smtp.retry:info]: AutoSupport mail (HA Group Notification from NETAPPHOST (REBOOT (after giveback)) INFO) was not sent for host (0). The system will retry later to send the message
NETAPPHOST> Fri Feb 11 10:53:19 CET [NETAPPHOST: asup.smtp.host:info]: AutoSupport cannot connect to host SMTPHOST1 (Network is unreachable) for message: HA Group Notification from NETAPPHOST (REBOOT (after giveback)) INFO
NETAPPHOST> Fri Feb 11 10:53:19 CET [NETAPPHOST: asup.smtp.host:info]: AutoSupport cannot connect to host SMTPHOST2 (Network is unreachable) for message: HA Group Notification from NETAPPHOST (REBOOT (after giveback)) INFO
NETAPPHOST> Fri Feb 11 10:53:19 CET [NETAPPHOST: asup.smtp.retry:info]: AutoSupport mail (HA Group Notification from NETAPPHOST (REBOOT (after giveback)) INFO) was not sent for host (0). The system will retry later to send the message
NETAPPHOST>

Also after the upgrade I had to restore the IP address of the management adapter, cause it was gone.

1. I tried this kb article: https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2011799 (smtphosts1 en 2 are pingable, all the interfaces are trusted)

2 Also the NetApp's IP addresses are trusted in the SMTPHOST relay list.

Anyone any idea how to fix this problem or how I can see which network interface SMTP uses for communication?

Thanks you in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Public