General Discussion

Create XDP Snapmirror using Powershell?

jimmer2880

I'm attempting to create new snapmirror relationships with the XDP relationship type using powershell via New-NcSnapmirror.  However when I enter "XDP" as the relationship type, I get an error that XDP type is unknown.

DOT version: 9.1P15

Does anyone know the correct type?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donny_lang

Try "vault" without the quotes as the type  - this will create a version-flexible SnapMirror relationship (when it is paired with a version-flexible SnapMirror policy). 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

donny_lang

Try "vault" without the quotes as the type  - this will create a version-flexible SnapMirror relationship (when it is paired with a version-flexible SnapMirror policy). 

View solution in original post

mbeattie

Hi,

The type for XDP is "vault". You can use "Get-Help New-NcSnapmirror -full" to view the possible options for the -Type parameter :

-Type <String>
Specifies the type of SnapMirror relationship. Possible values: dp, ls, vault, restore, transition_data_protection.

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

jim_ctr_merrell

What volume type should I use?  Previously, I was using "DP" when creating the destination volumes.

-Type <String>
The type of the volume to be created. Possible values:

rw - read-write volume (default setting)
ls - load-sharing volume
dp - data-protection volume
dc - data-cache volume (FlexCache)

The volume type is still "DP". 

thank you.   That worked.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public