General Discussion

First Time On This Discussion, a General Question On Shelfs and on Powershell Cmdlets

PhillipUdel

I am working on powershell scripts for netapp to configure and verify against a baseline.  Is there a good Fourm for Questions and Contrubitions?

For Example:  I created a function that returns the results of Invoke-NcSsh as a Object instead of a string.

I am also working on a replacment for Invoke-NcSsh that does not require putty.  Should be much faster...

I also have a Shelf question.  Assume that I have a Cluster on the other side of the planet, and I need to know the shelf ID for the base and the extra shelf. without putting eyes on the hardware how can I deturming what hardware has what ID?

Thanks inadvance.

Phil 

1 REPLY 1

Re: First Time On This Discussion, a General Question On Shelfs and on Powershell Cmdlets

donny_lang

The PowerShell Toolkit 9.6 FAQ has some information on support and enhancement requests:

3 Support
How do I Get Support for PSTK?
Answer: PSTK is supported through community discussions. You can post your queries on ONTAP Community Discussions and SANtricity Community Discussions.

How do We Submit Enhancement Requests?
Answer: Please submit these requests using the community discussion described above.

As to your shelf question, a couple options come to mind:

1. The Cluster Viewer component of Active IQ, which can show you a Stack Diagram that will include  a diagram with shelf IDs, serial numbers, disks, etc. 

2. The Visualization portion of a Config Advisor data collection job (Run data collection for the cluster in question, click on View & Analyze, and then click on the cabling diagram under the "Visualization" header.  *Note*: You will need to  check the box to "enable visualization and device details" within the Config Advisor settings menu to get this data

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public