General Discussion

Installing FAS8200 with ADP

pete_veenbaas

Greetings - I'm trying to reinstall Ontap 9.6P2 w/ADP on a FAS8200 with DS212C shelf w/12x8TB disk and a DS224C shelf w/24x2TB SAS disks.

The VAR did not configure ADP originally and used up some of the 7TB for the root partitions. When I go through the re-init, I'm choosing Option 9 --> Option 9A (both nodes), then reboot and choose option 9B.

When the system comes back up with ADP, it is setting drives on both shelves as 'shared', with  each shelf/node hosting an aggr0xxx  - Using 10 drives on each shelf e.g.:

DS212C Shelf:

1.11.0 7.14TB 11 0 FSAS shared a01n02_SATA, aggr0_lndscl02_02

DS224C Shelf:

2.12.0 1.63TB 12 0 SAS shared a02n01_SAS, aggr0_lndscl02_01

Is this how ADP is supposed to look on a FAS8200? Am I able to set it up so that on the DS212C/8TB disk shelf has ADP installed?

Thx for any info!

Pete

3 REPLIES 3

GidonMarcus

Hi. You can disconnect one of the shelves or take disks out while you do- it so it dosen't apply to them....  the initialization will try to use as many drives as supported for the ADP. (see HWU for the different config)

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

pete_veenbaas

Hi Gidi -

Thanks for response!

The system is remote with no onsite support, so I will most likley just live with the small space that gets used up on the 2Tb drives as the usable space will shrink a bit on each drive for aggregate use.

Thx again,

Pete

GidonMarcus

Hi

You can maybe disable the disks bays from remote:

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1029350

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public