The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

General Discussion

NVE on NetApp ONTAP Select

MMF

Hi there,

I am an Engineer working for a company providing a KMIP-compliant KMS.We are a NetApp partner.

To test NVE and NSE I downloaded NetApp Simulator in the past, but due to the lack of NVE or NSE licenses, I never got around. I switched to ONTAP Select but again - NODAR.

I tried contacting NetApp but until now I had no luck finding anyone to hand me out a license.

Thanks for any hint,

MMF

2 REPLIES 2

dhepler

It looks like you may have found that Select doesn't work for you, but I wanted to quickly reply. If you have the ability to download ONTAP Deploy, you can install ONTAP Select with NVE and you dont need a license for the 90 day evaluation. However, you do need a supported hypervisor running on supported hardware (Intel Haswell v3+ or Intel Skylake CPUs). Select and Deploy can't be installed on VMWare Workstation like the vSIM can...

David

MMF

Ok, so I missed that I need six physical cores. Back to the simulator 😉

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public