General Discussion

Printing Hardware Universe Poster 2019-2020 not possible

ClusterDeployFailed

I can't print the poster from the Netapp Hardware Universe 2019-2020.

The previous one was possible. Why is this restriction? We have a plotter, but now we can't print it.

Why??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

coryc
Sorry for not answering your question better. Let me try again.

The PDF version of the poster was intended for digital consumption only. If you need physical/hard copies of the poster, it is recommended that you order from the NetApp Gear store here:  https://www.netappgear.com/2019-2020-NetApp-Product-Poster-P493.aspx They are only $1. I am not sure why previous versions allowed printing, but later versions were locked down to avoid changes being made in the field or printing at such low resolutions and color settings that data might be misinterpreted.

But please keep in mind, of course, that this poster is a bit old and some of the information may have changed since its publication.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Drew_C

I'll ask if this restriction is intentional, and if so, why.

Let me get back to you.

Community Manager \\ NetApp

coryc

Greetings,

Due to budget/resource constraints, last year we decided to discontinue the process of creating the Hardware Universe Poster, both in digital and paper form.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

- Hardware Universe Team

ClusterDeployFailed

Sorry to hear that, but that doens't give me an answer to my question.

Why is the print function disabled? The previous poster has the possibility to print.

coryc
Sorry for not answering your question better. Let me try again.

The PDF version of the poster was intended for digital consumption only. If you need physical/hard copies of the poster, it is recommended that you order from the NetApp Gear store here:  https://www.netappgear.com/2019-2020-NetApp-Product-Poster-P493.aspx They are only $1. I am not sure why previous versions allowed printing, but later versions were locked down to avoid changes being made in the field or printing at such low resolutions and color settings that data might be misinterpreted.

But please keep in mind, of course, that this poster is a bit old and some of the information may have changed since its publication.

Best Regards
Public