Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 9.7 released!

Kartik_Gupta

Dear PowerShell community,

We are glad to announce the release of  NetApp PowerShell Toolkit version 9.7  This unified release has enhancements for  ONTAP PowerShell module.

ONTAP PowerShell Module:
The latest release supports upto 2340 cmdlets and provides maximum API coverage for ONTAP 9.7 and is backward compatible with previous ONTAP releases.

SANtricity PowerShell Toolkit
The SANtricity PowerShell module supports more than 300 cmdlets, enabling the storage administration of NetApp E-Series storage systems and EF-Series all-flash arrays.

Download the NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 9.7 from  here

Regards,
NetApp PowerShell Toolkit Team

16 REPLIES 16

GidonMarcus

Hi

Can i ask something quick?

Do you guys planing to migrate to the rest API, or sticking with ONTAPI for now?

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

CSCOTTENO

Apologies if this question is asked too often, but any date for PSTK to support .NET Core and installable from the PowerShell gallery like VMware PowerCLI modules?  I'd really like to be able to run this from macOS as well as the PS 6.2 console.

essay

Dear  Mr.  

When I follow your links, the only download link that I can find is. 

https://mysupport-beta.netapp.com/ui/global/dashboard

and I cann't download or find the toolkit.

I have been going around in circles ... every search leads me back to

https://mysupport-beta.netapp.com/ui/global/dashboard

there is no  "I agree" or "continue" button.

CSCOTTENO

Click the "tools" link in the top menu.  That'll take you to the toolchest and PSTK.

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Hi,

where are the "release notes" ?

Would be very nice to post them in your "news".

Best Regards,
Lukas

sanmonkey

Doesn't work for me in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.  Yes, I have a valid support account.  The download link redirects to the Beta site, which I didn't want it to do, which fails.  I can download other software that doesn't redirect to beta site.  See a pattern here?  Fails on Windows and Mac.  It's not a me problem. 

This mysupport-beta.netapp.com page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address: https://mysupport-beta.netapp.com/ui/tools/tool-eula/5dd4e425ea373600018f94be

HTTP ERROR 404

The direct download link fails too.

{"title":"Internal Server Error","status":500,"detail":"Error in downloading the file.null"}

Drew_C

I'm seeing the same behavior, @sanmonkey. I'll investigate this with the team now.

Edit:  The support site team is working on an issue with the beta support site. I've updated the links in the original post to send you to the correct download location. I'll update again when I hear more.

Community Manager \\ NetApp

jblac

Hi, I have been going around in circles like others. I have went to every link mentioned and I still can't download the toolkit.

Drew_C

Hi @jblac,

I just tested both of the links in the original post and they work for me without issue. I was able to download the MSI as well.

Navigation path:

NetApp Support Site -> Tools -> Filter By Category on Administration - > NetApp PowerShell Toolkit

pstk.png

If this isn't what you're seeing, please share a screenshot and details of what you're experiencing.

jblac

Hi Drew,

Both IE and Chrome present me with the attached. everything below tools showing blank.

https://mysupport-beta.netapp.com/site/tools/tool-eula/5dd4e425ea373600018f94be

Drew_C

I spoke with one of the support site managers and found out that there was a problem with downloads on Friday (when you originally posted). That should be resolved now, however. She was able to use the links in this thread without issue on a test account, so we're hoping the blank content area you're seeing is a cache issue. Would you mind clearing your browser's cache and attempting the download again? Shift+F5 should be sufficient. If the problem persists, we'll engage others internally.

Thanks,

-Drew

csalitros

I've upgraded in a few locations now an in all instances "Show-NcHelp" fails to work:

PS C:\> show-nchelp
WARNING: Could not launch browser: The system cannot find the file specified

There's a thread for this in 'Ask the Experts'  with some other uses reporting  the same, but I don't believe it's been resolved.

Should we log a support case for this?

Thanks!

CSCOTTENO

I'm seeing the same issue.  Looking at "C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\NetApp PowerShell Toolkit\Modules\DataONTAP\webhelp.C\" there's a lot of files missing including index.html and many cmdlet help pages.

csalitros

FYI ... They posted a 9.7.1 version that appears to have resolved the issue.

Kartik_Gupta

We are glad to announce the release of  NetApp PowerShell Toolkit version 9.7.1  This unified release has fixes for issues (release notes, module version & missing html files) that were observed for ONTAP PowerShell module 9.7.

RomanMelekh

Hi

May I ask you to add a command?

It is very strange that CIFS commands are exist but NFS are not

vserver nfs connected-clients show - how can I do the same using PowerShell?

Thanks in advance 

Public