Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

OnCommand 3.1 for SCOM 2012 - Error 26004 on all Management Servers where the plugin isn't installed

pictnetapp

Hi All,

We have a SCOM 2012 environment, which has been upgraded from 2007 R2. We have been using the previous versions of the OnCommand MP and previous to that AppWatch to monitor our NetApp Infrastructure using SCOM. I have installed the new version, 3.1, successfully but now I am receiving a lot of error 26004's on my management servers where the plugin isnt installed. The error message states the following:-

Log Name:      Operations Manager

Source:        Health Service Modules

Date:          03/01/2013 14:00:04

Event ID:      26004

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      Server1

Description:

The Windows Event Log Provider is still unable to open the OnCommand event log on computer 'Server1'. The Provider has been unable to open the OnCommand event log for 319680 seconds.

Most recent error details: The specified channel could not be found. Check channel configuration.

One or more workflows were affected by this. 

Workflow name: DataONTAP.Controller.ClusterStatus.Monitor

Instance name: Controller Controller1

Instance ID: {952178FD-D9A3-CC46-ED1E-DE70F75238A4}

Management group: MG1

Has anyone come across this issue and if so know how to resolve it?

3 REPLIES 3

MURADAKRAM

Take a look at the following discussion

https://communities.netapp.com/message/87748#87748

vorname_nachname

Hi Murad

Thanks for the link i saw this some houres ago and changed the default action account to a new created AD Account (for testing purposes) with Domain Admin Rights.

I also doubleched the Manage Controller Credentials.

Well i rerun the Discovery Task again with "Use the predefined Run As Account"

I Tryed the newly created action account and also the old one. So i tryed the default one so not "Use the predefined Run As Account". But anyway it does not solved my issue.

With the default account it tooks now very long to discover. not shure but i see in the eventlog of the OnCommand on the MS the connection messges again.

Log Name:  OnCommand
Source:    Data ONTAP MP
Date:      27.02.2013 18:51:28
Event ID:  1022

Task Category: (1)

Level:     Error
Keywords:  Classic
User:      N/A
Computer:  hostname.xxx.local

Description:

Operations Manager could not log into controller 10.x.x.61. Using the Data ONTAP credentials manager for System Center Operations Manager, check that valid credentials have been entered for this controller, and if "Require HTTPS" is selected, verify that the controller is configured to accept HTTPS connections.  

Address: 10..x.x.61.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Data ONTAP MP" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1022</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>1</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-02-27T17:51:28.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>107</EventRecordID>

<Channel>OnCommand</Channel>

<Computer>hostname.xxx.local</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Operations Manager could not log into controller 10.x.x.x. Using the Data ONTAP credentials manager for System Center Operations Manager, check that valid credentials have been entered for this controller, and if "Require HTTPS" is selected, verify that the controller is configured to accept HTTPS connections.  

Address: 10.x.x.61.</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

And also an error from the other Filer.

But the funny thing is a bit later i get this

Controller cluster state is CONNECTED. 

Controller filer

Address: 10.x.x.61.

So the first error ist gone.

I recogninzed this type of error during Manage Controller Credentials step. Some time its working fine some time not....

Firewall on the MS is disabled. the used Netapp account has for test purposes Administrator Rights on the Netapp Filers........

So i dont see a problem.

Something  to know we are dooing over smvi in a high frequency Snapshots of our Systems. but well

I dont think there is a prob.

I also ping the filer -t and the times are good around 1ms some times this for one ping a bit higher (around 12ms) but just for one ping and not often.

Finaly im getting this error for the discovery Task

The Event Policy for the process started at 18:47:01 has detected errors in the output. The 'StdErr' policy expression:

\a+

matched the following output:

C:\Program Files\System Center 2012\Operations Manager\Server\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 30\6956\ONTAPDiscovery.vbs(61, 3) OC.OM.Server: DataONTAP discovery - caught exception during commit.

Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "ONTAPDiscovery.vbs" MS_Server.xxx.local

Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center 2012\Operations Manager\Server\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 30\6956\

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: DataONTAP.Discovery.Task

Instance name: MS_Server.xxx.local

Instance ID: {FD74BB05-6E25-88C8-C63E-B52ACE75D27C}

Management group: XXX

Error Code: -2130771918 (Unknown error (0x80ff0032)).

Any one an idea ?

Edit: UAC is turned of on the MS and all the Action Account has Admin Rights. The Filers are not AD integrated so im working with a Local Filer Account

vorname_nachname

News: ok the problem is still not solved. But i realy think its not a problem of the discovery its more a problem of the connection or better of the HTTP / HTTPS connection.

In the eventlog is still showing disconnects of the filers. But also detectings of the volumes. So i beleve the connection settings are working but i get partly  a disconnect.

I have atm no clue where to search. I dont see still the volumes in the SCOM. But the Controller reporting Controller connection monitor alerts corresponding with the eventlog entrys.

Public