Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Powershell Toolkit - SNAPVAULT UPDATE: Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer : RPC Error

JUSTLETMEONTHEFORUM

Hello all,

Noob here.

I'm trying to prove I can update my snapvault relationships on the secondary (primaries are OSSV) based on lag, volume naming convention, and idle status. It runs and works but errored out. I will continue testing to see if this is intermittent.

Error:

Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer : RPC Error: The remote procedure call failed. Code 0x6BE.

At line:1 char:238

+ get-NaSnapvaultSecStatus | where-Object {$_.LagTimeTS -like "*.*" -and $_.Secondary -like "*:/vol/SV_*" -and $_.Status -eq "idle"} | forEach-Object {$_.Secondary -replace "MyFiler:", ""} | forEach-Object {Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer <<<<  $_}

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (myfiler:NaController) [Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer], EAPITRANSMISSION

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Snapvault.StartNaSnapvaultSecTransfer

Statement executed from shell:

get-NaSnapvaultSecStatus | where-Object {$_.LagTimeTS -like "*.*" -and $_.Secondary -like "*:/vol/SV_*" -and $_.Status -eq "idle"} | forEach-Object {$_.Secondary -replace "MyFiler:", ""} | forEach-Object {Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer $_}

This is the first time I have gotten the RPC error ever before, but this is also the first script that isn't just a getter.

Thanks in advance for any direction!

1 REPLY 1

JUSTLETMEONTHEFORUM

Follow up a day later after testing the script multiple time as well as other scripts - I haven't received the error again and am willing to call this a network hiccup. I'll post again if the issue returns.

Thanks, Alan

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public