Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

"The expression is missing a value" with Set-NcSecuritySsl/Get-NcSecuritySsl and ONTAP 9.x

mcgue

I have a script that I have used these two cmdlets without issue on any 8.2/8.3 flavor I've tested.  Now testing against 9.x I get this error with other of these cmdlets.  I was able to resolve for the "Get" by changing the -vserver parameter to using -vservercontext instead.  Why would the new OS version require that difference?  Regarding the "Set" cmdlet, regardless of passing values for every parameter accepted by that cmdlet I still get this error and now way around it.  Any ideas on the difference in ONTAP 9 that might be causing this?  I've tested against multiple 9.0x and 9.1x systems and getting the same results.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

Hello @mcgue,

This appears to be a bug in the PSTK.  I'm able to do modifications by executing ZAPI directly from PowerShell...for example:

Invoke-NcSystemApi -VserverContext $svmName "<security-ssl-modify><client-authentication-enabled>false</client-authentication-enabled></security-ssl-modify>"

As a workaround, it should be relatively straightforwad to create a custom PowerShell function to wrap creating the ZAPI request for this.

I'll create a new bug for this issue.  I'm happy to pay you in NetApp stickers (if you're not already innundated) for finding it : )

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Marius

Hi,

do you have any update to this problem? I have the same one with the set-NcSecuritySsl Command in Ontap 9.1.

Regards,

Marius

asulliva

Hello @mcgue,

This appears to be a bug in the PSTK.  I'm able to do modifications by executing ZAPI directly from PowerShell...for example:

Invoke-NcSystemApi -VserverContext $svmName "<security-ssl-modify><client-authentication-enabled>false</client-authentication-enabled></security-ssl-modify>"

As a workaround, it should be relatively straightforwad to create a custom PowerShell function to wrap creating the ZAPI request for this.

I'll create a new bug for this issue.  I'm happy to pay you in NetApp stickers (if you're not already innundated) for finding it : )

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

mcgue

Thanks Andrew!  I appreciate the syntax as well for the invoke API cmdlet as I hadn't used that yet.  I'll craft that as a workaround.  Good stuff!

hland

i Andrew,

did you ever found the time to file the bug (as I couldn't find it)? If not, I'll go ahead and do it so this can be fixed. Just ran into this as well...

Thanks

Hendrik

mirko

$Request = @"
<security-ssl-modify>
<certificate-authority>$CA</certificate-authority>
<certificate-serial-number>$Serial</certificate-serial-number>
<common-name>$CN</common-name>
<server-authentication-enabled>true</server-authentication-enabled>
<vserver>$VserverName</vserver>
</security-ssl-modify>
"@
Invoke-NcSystemApi -VserverContext $VserverName -Request $Request

This worked for me

+1 to file a burt

Girton

Mirko,

Thank you for your script code.  It was very useful.

Dan

mcgue

ronaldmajor

Has the bug with Set-NcSecuritySsl been fixed? I still see the issue in PSTK 4.4.

The workaround works nicely though. Thanks for that.

asulliva

Hello @ronaldmajor,

The bug id is 1074255, it appears to still be open.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

Public