ONTAP Discussions

CIFS share access-control configuration with same user and group name

sawai

CIFS sharing configuration in ONTAP 9.8.
I have a user name (grp_test) and a group name (domain\grp_test) that are identical, but I cannot set up a single share (share$) with the same user name and group name. I want to give full control permissions to both objects.

vserver cifs share access-control create -vserver vs01 -share share$ -user-or-group domain\grp_test -permission Full_Control

Error: command failed: duplicate entry

Is it possible to set the same user name and group name?
Please let me know if there is a way to fix this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mjizzini

It should not be possible to create the same user/group name in AD. Maybe some of the the domain DCs are not in sync.

Netapp will not be able to accept it anyway. It needs to be Domain\ unique Object. 

-user-or-group <TextNoCase> - User/Group NameThis parameter specifies the user or group to add to the CIFS share's access control list. If you specify the user name, you must include the user's domain using the format "domain\username". The user-or-group parameter is case-insensitive text.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

parisi

How are you creating users/groups with the same name in AD?

Because mine won't let me do it:

parisi_0-1613402966767.png

Mjizzini

It should not be possible to create the same user/group name in AD. Maybe some of the the domain DCs are not in sync.

Netapp will not be able to accept it anyway. It needs to be Domain\ unique Object. 

-user-or-group <TextNoCase> - User/Group NameThis parameter specifies the user or group to add to the CIFS share's access control list. If you specify the user name, you must include the user's domain using the format "domain\username". The user-or-group parameter is case-insensitive text.

sawai

Thank you for your answers.
We checked the Windows SID and found that it was the same SID, which caused the error.
It seems that we were able to configure the settings in the Netapp before the replacement, but in the new NetApp, the SID was the same, so we will proceed with the configuration in groups.

Thanks.

Public