ONTAP Discussions

Can't perform volume rehost on volume in an SVR-DR relationship

markey164

Hi all,

I want to rehost a volume from SVM1 to SVM2. This would normally be very straightforward, except both SVMs are in SVM-DR relationships. Hence when trying to do a volume rehost, it returns:

Error: command failed: Cannot rehost volume "somevol" on Vserver "SVM1" to destination "SVM2" because the Vserver "SVM1" is in a DR relationship.

For reference, SVM2 is also in an SVM-DR relationship.

I can't find a documented procedure for this scenario. Can someone confirm the correct steps for this?

Is it a case of deleting one or both SVM-DR snapmirror relationships, performaing the volume rehost (assuming it then lets me), then recreating the SVM-DR relationships?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

Hi

have you seen the following article ? (make sure you logged in otherwise you can't see the "solution"

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1074439

G

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GidonMarcus

Hi

have you seen the following article ? (make sure you logged in otherwise you can't see the "solution"

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1074439

G

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

markey164

Thanks i hadn't seen that.

What happens if you HAVE to move the volume for operational reasons?

Obviously its a manual procedure, but just wanted to confirm the steps?

GidonMarcus

make sure you sign in. there is a solution at the bottom (you will only see the disclaimer in the solution section if your'e not sign in)

markey164

Ah sorry, i'm with you now, and yes i see the solution!!

Thanks Gidon, thats really helpful Smiley Happy

Public