ONTAP Discussions

Can't perform volume rehost on volume in an SVR-DR relationship

markey164

Hi all,

I want to rehost a volume from SVM1 to SVM2. This would normally be very straightforward, except both SVMs are in SVM-DR relationships. Hence when trying to do a volume rehost, it returns:

Error: command failed: Cannot rehost volume "somevol" on Vserver "SVM1" to destination "SVM2" because the Vserver "SVM1" is in a DR relationship.

For reference, SVM2 is also in an SVM-DR relationship.

I can't find a documented procedure for this scenario. Can someone confirm the correct steps for this?

Is it a case of deleting one or both SVM-DR snapmirror relationships, performaing the volume rehost (assuming it then lets me), then recreating the SVM-DR relationships?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

Hi

have you seen the following article ? (make sure you logged in otherwise you can't see the "solution"

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1074439

G

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GidonMarcus

Hi

have you seen the following article ? (make sure you logged in otherwise you can't see the "solution"

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1074439

G

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

markey164

Thanks i hadn't seen that.

What happens if you HAVE to move the volume for operational reasons?

Obviously its a manual procedure, but just wanted to confirm the steps?

GidonMarcus

make sure you sign in. there is a solution at the bottom (you will only see the disclaimer in the solution section if your'e not sign in)

markey164

Ah sorry, i'm with you now, and yes i see the solution!!

Thanks Gidon, thats really helpful Smiley Happy

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public