ONTAP Discussions

Cluster Peer Availability "Partial" After IP Removal

TMADOCTHOMAS

I am decommissioning two nodes in a four node NetApp cluster. The cluster is a SnapMirror destination and source.  I edited the cluster peer relationships on each peer cluster and removed the IP's for the nodes being decommissioned. I then disabled and deleted the two intercluster LIFs for the two nodes being decommissioned. For good measure, I removed the intercluster ports on these two nodes from the broadcast domain

Replication is still working, but for some reason the System Manager GUI shows "Availability" as "Partial" for each peer cluster. Similarly, at the command prompt, when I enter "cluster peer health show", there are still entries for the two nodes that are being decommissioned. Any ideas on how to clean up the cluster database and tell it to get rid of these IP's fully?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_stejskal
That is correct. Since they are not set up, they are "partial" connectivity for the cluster.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

netapp58

I had a similar observation when going from 4 to 2 node. On one cluster it showed as "available" quite quickly but on the other cluster it took a while.

Is the status still the same as yesterday?

paul_stejskal

Anything in event log show? Might try as advanced or diag to see if you see anything.

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thanks @netapp58 and @paul_stejskal ! Status is still the same, however I did check the event log and it appears that ONLY the two nodes I will be decommissioning in the next day or two are complaining. I have the feeling that once I fully remove these two nodes from the cluster the status will be "Complete". We will see!

paul_stejskal
That is correct. Since they are not set up, they are "partial" connectivity for the cluster.

TMADOCTHOMAS

Makes sense! Thank you very much @paul_stejskal .

Public