ONTAP Discussions

Disk Size Reported Incorrectly

OnlyMe

Hi All,

I'm new to Netapp, and have the following problem.

I have a FAS 2040 (2U) ONTAP 8.0.2 7-mode with 2 controllers, with no internal disks and I have an external DS4246.

When I installed the OS it created the aggregate (aggr0) on the DS4246, but you can see below that the physical disks are 4 TB and the used is 914 GB.

The problem is when I try to create a new aggregate, the disks appear as 914 GB...

I tried failing the disk and restore it (set priv diag), zeroing the disk etc...

Do you have any ideas how do I make them 4 TB?

Disk        Type         Checksum Compatibility       Shelf      Bay         Chan      Used            Physical        Pool              Aggregate
*****     dparity      zoned/block                        174           0            SA:A      914 GB            3.64 TB      Pool0            aggr0
*****     parity        zoned/block                        174           1            SA:A      914 GB            3.64 TB      Pool0            aggr0
*****     data          zoned/block                        174           2            SA:A      914 GB            3.64 TB      Pool0            aggr0
*****     data          zoned/block                        174           3            SA:A      914 GB            3.64 TB      Pool0            aggr0
*****     spare        zoned/block                        174           4            SA:A      914 GB            3.64 TB      Pool0
*****     spare        zoned/block                        174           5            SA:A      914 GB            3.64 TB      Pool0
*****     spare        zoned/block                        174           6            SA:A      914 GB            3.64 TB      Pool0

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

4TB drives are not supported on a FAS2040 with DOT 8.0.2 7-mode.  According to Hardware Universe, the maximum for external DS4246 is 3TB drives.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

asulliva

4TB drives are not supported on a FAS2040 with DOT 8.0.2 7-mode.  According to Hardware Universe, the maximum for external DS4246 is 3TB drives.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

OnlyMe

Thank you.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public