ONTAP Discussions

Factory Reset FAS 2552 fails

tringener

I have been trying to reset filer B on my FAS2552 using opt. 4 but each time it launches the wipe filer procedure then halts without performing the wipe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tringener

The controller is seeing all the drives except 1-3. I finally replaced the controller with a spare and it is now running the factory reset.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SpindleNinja

What version of ONTAP?  

And any specific errors? 

TMACMD

Also, how many and what size drives are you using?

It may be easier to use a newer version of ONTAP and the "Option 9" method. But, like @SpindleNinja asked...what other errors are you seeing on the console? They are usually very helpful

tringener

We are using ONTAP 8.3.2 and unfortunately I cannot upgrade as this is in a government system. Other than a connection for "cfo_rv" failed I don't see any other failures after selecting 4 from the menu.

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

  

GidonMarcus

Can you do boot_diags and see if the disks are recognized and owned by the system? (disk show -o)

(if you have FC clients running on the other node - make sure to disconnect the FC cables from this node before boot_diags)

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

tringener

The controller is seeing all the drives except 1-3. I finally replaced the controller with a spare and it is now running the factory reset.

Public