ONTAP Discussions

Factory Reset FAS 2552 fails

tringener

I have been trying to reset filer B on my FAS2552 using opt. 4 but each time it launches the wipe filer procedure then halts without performing the wipe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tringener

The controller is seeing all the drives except 1-3. I finally replaced the controller with a spare and it is now running the factory reset.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SpindleNinja

What version of ONTAP?  

And any specific errors? 

TMAC_CTG

Also, how many and what size drives are you using?

It may be easier to use a newer version of ONTAP and the "Option 9" method. But, like @SpindleNinja asked...what other errors are you seeing on the console? They are usually very helpful

tringener

We are using ONTAP 8.3.2 and unfortunately I cannot upgrade as this is in a government system. Other than a connection for "cfo_rv" failed I don't see any other failures after selecting 4 from the menu.

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

  

GidonMarcus

Can you do boot_diags and see if the disks are recognized and owned by the system? (disk show -o)

(if you have FC clients running on the other node - make sure to disconnect the FC cables from this node before boot_diags)

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

tringener

The controller is seeing all the drives except 1-3. I finally replaced the controller with a spare and it is now running the factory reset.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public