ONTAP Discussions

HELP! Cannot make ex-Snapmirror destination writeable in Vmware after system went down

PeriwebICT

We are using ONTAP 9.1 in a two cluster configuration. We have an NFS Volume on the production cluster that we use as a VM datastore. Our production system is non-functional  so I have been trying to get the recovery site operational.  I did the following steps at the destination volume of  the snapmirrior relationship:

1. In the OnCommand System I broke the relationship
  2. The Export policy allows the ESXI server access with Read and Read/Write Access and the settings for UNIX Read and Read/Write are checked for the ex-destination volume.
  3. The NFS Volume is mounted
  4. ESXI Server added the datastore with no issues or errors
  5. I can see the VM data is present from within Vcenter browsing the datastore.

The problem is that the Volume from Vmware is not writeable. What am I missing and how do I troubleshoot this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PeriwebICT

For future reference that did not work for me. I eventually had to copy the data to a new volume and create a new snapmirror relationship,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dbenadib

I believe that you are recognize as user nobody so it will not let you write...

a quick workaround for VM datastore will be to set anon=0 on the export policy

you can do so by modifying the export poilcy rule:

export-policy rule modify -vserver SVM -policyname EPol -ruleindex 1 -protocol any -clientmatch 0.0.0.0/0 -rorule any -rwrule any -anon 0

Hope it will help 😉

BR

PeriwebICT

For future reference that did not work for me. I eventually had to copy the data to a new volume and create a new snapmirror relationship,

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public