ONTAP Discussions

Has HP Ultrium 6-SCSI worked on DOT 7.3.6?

lehuudanh

As the subject (My filer is FAS2050 running DOT 7.3.6), I followed the procedure as below,

Installation

In order to utilize one of the Configuration Files (TCF), perform the following steps:

7-Mode Storage System:

1. Choose the appropriate Configuration File from the table, and right-click on the Configuration File.  Click "Save As…" and download the Configuration File. If a file extension has been added by your browser (such as .txt), rename the Configuration File to the file name as it appears in the table.
  2. Place the Configuration File into the /etc/tape_config directory.
  3. On the storage system console, run sysconfig -t and confirm that the tape drives are recognized.

Note: You might have to reboot the storage system for SCSI attached tape drives to be recognized.

I coppied HP_LTO6_ULTRIUM.TCF into /etc/tape-config directory.

I have not rebooted the filer yet, because not sure that the storage system has recognized.

I would like to confirm the DOT 7.3.6 support LTO-6?

PS: here is some line in sysconfig -t output

Tape drive (MDS9148:1-30.126) HP Ultrium 6-SCSI (Non-qualified tape
drive)

Tape drive (MDS9148:1-25.126) HP Ultrium 6-SCSI (Non-qualified tape
drive)

Tape drive (MDS9148:1-20.126) HP Ultrium 6-SCSI (Non-qualified tape
drive)

Tape drive (MDS9148:1-17.126) HP Ultrium 6-SCSI (Non-qualified tape
drive)

Any ideas,

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

georgevj

As per Netapp Interoperability Matrix, HP LTO6 requires a minimum Data ONTAP version of 7.3.7.(FC backend)

You may check this yourself  at https://support.netapp.com/matrix

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.
Public