ONTAP Discussions

Ops Manager / System Manager and Adobe Flash

TMADOCTHOMAS

The old 7-mode versions of Ops Manager and System Manager require Adobe Flash, which will cease working on Google Chrome on 12/31/2020. While I know 7-mode is on the way out, there are still a few 7-mode systems out there (we have three 2220's left running 7-mode). Are there any considerations being given to update or change these applications to not require Adobe Flash?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mjizzini

I doubt this will be fixed for 7 mode systems. Our engineering are already working on OnCommand Web console issue under couple burts numbers like1334721

Only use supported web browsers that are listed in the Interoperability Matrix tool for OnCommand system Manager . Do not upgrade the browser beyond the supported version.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Mjizzini

I doubt this will be fixed for 7 mode systems. Our engineering are already working on OnCommand Web console issue under couple burts numbers like1334721

Only use supported web browsers that are listed in the Interoperability Matrix tool for OnCommand system Manager . Do not upgrade the browser beyond the supported version.

TMADOCTHOMAS

Wow I do see that OCUM is only compatible with IE 10/11 and very old versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. I guess I'll hang in there with IE until 7-mode is gone.

TMADOCTHOMAS

In case anyone is curious, I discovered a Flash emulator called Ruffle that works just fine as a plug-in to Google Chrome. OnCommand System Manager works with it.

jeffkr

How did you get it to work , ruffle says it need actionscript 3 and they don't have much support it yet?

TMADOCTHOMAS

Hi @jeffkr I'm not sure what that means. All I know is it's a Google Chrome plug-in. I installed it per the instructions on their website and it works fine with System Manager and the old Ops Manager.

hampe

Which version do you use ? 2021_04_07_extension doesn't work for me 😢

TMADOCTHOMAS

Not sure, however I am wondering if Ruffle is even needed. Seems that the only thing that uses Flash are the statistical charts that pop up in various places.

hampe

The statistical charts are working, I don't see the Dashboard. Loading Chart, Please Wait. is all I can see

TMADOCTHOMAS

Are you talking about a 7-mode filer's main screen, where you click the name of the filer and see statistical charts? If so that's what I'm referring to. Those may not work but I'm betting the main functionality works fine. I can say that both work fine for me after deploying Ruffle.

hampe

Yes, I am talking about the 7-mode filer's main screen, maybe it will work with a future release of Ruffle 😎

Public