The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to register at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

Single Node System Configuration Backup

sraudonis

Hello,

i installed a single node cluster and during installation i was asked to enter a address for the configuration backup. No idea what to enter so i skipped this for later configuration...

Now i searched at the support web and google if there are any best practices, but i didn't find what i'm searching. (Only how to configure a schedule and destination url on the system which should be backed up.)

At the site where i installed the single node cluster there is also a 2 node cluster. Now i'm searching for a manual how to configure the 2 node cluster that the single node cluster can upload the configuration backup to the 2 node cluster.

So my question is there a way to configure the admin svm to accept the backup uploads? If this is not possible, or when creating a new svm for the backups, how must the http access configured to work as backup destination.

I hope someone has seen something that kind.

Kind regards

Stefan

2 REPLIES 2

aborzenkov
Unfortunately C-Mode does not support HTTP or FTP file access.

sraudonis

No HTTP access? In the workshops they told us every time for a transiton that FTP is no longer supported, but i didn't remember that someone told me something about http...

So the only way seems to build a little linux appliance with a ftp to store the backup files.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public